Our client is a major player in gas and energy supply. With around 250 colleagues, the IT department is large enough to experience the benefits of a mature company while being small enough to respond dynamically. With around 200 DevOps engineers in 25 teams, they have set up the teams so that each team has a clear scope and each engineer can have full input and impact. The company is constantly evolving and has boundless ambition. Therefore, they are looking for Data Engineer with the same energy to strengthen the DevOps teams and take them to the next level.
At this organisation, you will work with state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies such as Snowflake, DBT, Databricks, Python, AWS, Terraform, Kafka, PySpark. As an open-minded IT professional, the impact you have on the energy transition can be huge. Think about creating insight into the customers' energy consumption, and then really end-to-end. But also things like automating data pipelines through cool technology and the freedom to experiment with tools and technologies to make your work as good and efficient as possible.
Take the initiative and work on applications for over 2.5 million of the client's customers. You will be constantly challenged to improve your skills and broaden your knowledge. From cool products that ensure customers get the best experience to applications that make their own employees' working lives a little easier. At the IT department there are plenty of opportunities to progress, to join the journey towards becoming a tech company with practical sustainability for customers. When you take ownership you get the space to implement your ideas.
They plan work in three-week sprints and quarterly PIs. This gives focus and helps them to continuously improve themselves. Everyone brings in his/her topics and together they plot this out over time. This way, everyone with his/her talent and ambition is hooked in and they work together towards the goals. Not everything is about delivery. Hackathons, knowledge markets, PI Planning Events and occasionally drinks or an escape room bring colleagues closer together.
At our client, you will of course receive a nice salary and benefits package (4,996 - 7,140 euros gross per month) as well as many development opportunities and growth opportunities. Furthermore, they offer:
- Room for growth and development, within and outside your field of expertise,
- A working environment where you can be completely yourself.
- A bonus opportunity to show our appreciation even more
- 30 Holiday days because you have other hobbies besides work
- All facilities to work well such as a laptop, phone, home office etc.
- Hybrid working, including associated home working allowance
- Discounts on energy and energy-saving products from our brands and service partners
- An inspiring headquarters with good coffee bar, two company restaurants and within walking distance of Den Bosch Central Station.
They recommend you come by public transport. A nice extra: you will receive an NS Business Card. Prefer to travel by your own transport? Then you will receive a kilometre allowance.
At our client's IT department, you will work within a scrum team agile to the next sprint. They believe that quality and craftsmanship go hand in hand. As an engineer, you decide how much you invest in your own craftsmanship. There is always room for improvement. If you also have that drive, you could be a good fit for the organisation if, in addition:
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks such as PySpark or Snowflake,
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines and automated testing,
- Have experience with SQL and relational databases,
- Get happy working in an Agile team with DevOps responsibility.
- Are customer-oriented: internal or external customer, your solution matches - or even exceeds! - our customers' wants, needs and expectations.
- Are open to and propose non-traditional IT solutions
- Take ownership of your area of expertise and actively share this within your own team and network
- Focus on continuous improvement: good is not good enough