Medior Data Engineer
Functie omschrijving Medior Data Engineer
As a data engineer at this company, you will work on one of the largest data lakes in the Netherlands that will provide real-time insights and personalized applications to millions of people every day.
What you will be doing
By working closely with different business units and data teams, you will build data-driven applications. You will work with the latest big data technologies that can efficiently handle the continuous flow of data from their online media. You will be working on:
- Unlocking and enriching structured and unstructured data from clickstream, content (text, audio and video) and operational systems.
- Activating models in production on several personalization platforms.
- Working on the further development of the data platform
- Advising on applications and efficient use of data and tooling to both data analysts and scientists as well as marketers and digital sales managers.
About the team
In this team you will work together with 10 data engineers and data warehouse specialists. This team is responsible for the data from their websites, apps, streaming audio and video of various brands.
They use SQL, Spark, Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, Scala, Python, Redshift and AWS infrastructure.
- Salary depending on experience.
- Laptop and company phone.
- Choice budget of 12% (of which 8% vacation pay).
- 24 vacation days, with the option to buy additional ones.
- Working with the latest stack.
- Annual profit scheme (based on the results of the organization).
- Development opportunities through education, training and certificates.
Who are you?
For this role as a data engineer they are looking for someone with several years of experience in a high scale environment. You can work autonomously and are proactive in tackling new challenges. Furthermore, you are:
- Able to efficiently extract insights from large data sets using SQL and Spark.
- Experienced in deploying and scheduling applications in the cloud on environments like Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes and Lambda functions, or willing to learn quickly
- At home in programming languages like Scala and/or Python and embrace best practices around software development (git, coding standards, CI/CD pipelines).
- You have a leg up if you have experience with AWS databases and infrastructure
We work closely with DPG Media and would love to discuss the profile further with you! We can introduce you directly to DPG Media and if you have any questions, we will be happy to discuss them so you are well informed prior to your application.