Data Engineer, Amsterdam
Our client hosts 3 brands on a multi-tenant platform, operated from their Amsterdam location. They are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region - with over 11 million monthly unique users. They run on both Android, iOS apps, and on the web. For consumers, they contribute to a greener, circular economy. For businesses they offer a platform to showcase their goods and services online to a large audience - a hugely important factor which has helped contribute towards the survival of many businesses as they adapt to new online strategies.
What will you do?
The Data Engineering team is responsible for driving new data capabilities and maintaining existing pipelines and tooling. It is a part of a newly formed Benelux Data organization, which also includes the Data Science and Product Analytics teams. The team is closely involved in the development of new ML products, experimentation, and insights. It is also responsible for evolving our ML operations tooling, and maintaining data pipelines.
You will join a growing team of knowledgeable and talented Data Engineers to develop large-scale ML and Analytics initiatives, currently transitioning to a public cloud-based infrastructure. You will work closely with theur Machine Learning, Data Science and Analytics teams, as well as the platform and product teams.
They expect you to contribute to the architecture of the system, and help to make it more scalable and resilient. As part of the team, they want you to spot opportunities to improve the development work in all areas from coding and processes, to tools and testing.
- Be a key team member in development and design of new products;
- Coach less experienced engineers;
- Collaborate with your teammates on architecture decisions and solution design;
- Continuously improve development work in all areas (coding, processes, tools, testing, etc.);
- Be responsible for the maintenance and stability of the data and ML infrastructure;
What will you get?
The company offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs, depending on your personal situation.
- An attractive monthly base salary with a maximum of 85.000 euro per year (incl holiday allowance);
- A yearly bonus of 10%;
- Company shares;
- A monthly coverage in medical contribution;
- A health company courtesy;
- Parenting support;
- Life and disability insurance;
- Interesting retirement scheme;
- A lot of possibilities to grow and develop yourself.
Who are you?
- Experience in backend development (Scala or Python);
- Experience in high traffic and/or distributed systems;
- Experience in cloud providers such as GCP/AWS;
- Experience working with Data Scientists, Machine Learning and/or Analytics team;
- Experience in Big Data technologies such as Spark, Dataproc, and Hadoop;
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.