Senior Data Engineer (AWS)
Functie omschrijving Senior Data Engineer (AWS)
In this role, you will take responsibility for bringing data science initiatives to production robustly and scalably.
This company represents the parent company's supply-demand, content and community platforms. These service and content focused platforms provide quality articles and facilitate a large online community. By bringing supply and demand together, consumers are supported in their decisions in the areas of tech, automotive, finance, recruitment, home-deco and parenting.
The coming year will see the further development of a data platform and the introduction of machine learning (ML). The ultimate goal is to add value to the services and products of the various business units. Some examples of topics we want to develop are:
- (re)targeting of high-potential audiences
- applying personalization algorithms (such as collaborative filtering)
- building a model that predicts the price of a second hand car based on its features
- building a model that predicts how well a vacancy will perform on recruitment websites.
What will you do?
Our models currently live largely in Jupyter Notebooks. We are processing the models into modularized and tested code in order to eventually scale them into production. Your main task is to actually implement the various data products developed into the company's platforms and systems.
Your focus will be on:
- Development and maintenance of machine learning models (NLP, regression, classification, recommendation engines, clustering)
- Implementing software engineering best practices for ML projects:
- Modularization and testing of code, setting up CI/CD pipelines, setting up scalable data pipelines
- Scalable deployment of ML models:
- Batch jobs with Airflow, connect APIs for communication with other apps
- Contribute to the data team wide data and ML best practices
- Collaborate with stakeholders across teams to exploit the value of ML models to the business
About the team
You will be working in the company's central data team. Within this team are a number of data engineers who expand and maintain the data platform and support bringing the ML models to production. You will interact frequently with the various data specialists and product owners within the business units and actively collaborate with your fellow data engineers and data scientists from the parent company.
In terms of technology they use: SQL, Python, PySpark, sklearn, implicit, xgboost, MLFlow, Airflow, dbt, AWS and Databricks.
- Salary depending on experience.
- Laptop and company phone.
- Choice budget of 12% (of which 8% vacation pay).
- 24 vacation days, with the option to buy additional ones.
- Working with the latest stack.
- Annual profit scheme (based on the results of the organization).
- Development opportunities through education, training and certificates.
Who are you?
For this role of Data Engineer they are looking for a professional with at least 3 years of experience in machine learning engineering. You are pragmatic, build your solutions carefully, enjoy working together in a multidisciplinary team and are motivated to further promote and stimulate the use of ML within the organization. In addition:
- Do you have experience with Python/R, SQL and (relational and cloud) databases. If you also have experience with Spark and Databricks that is definitely an advantage!
- Are you completely at home in the world of big data and machine learning and its application in all kinds of business processes, from marketing to logistics.
- Do you translate machine learning initiatives into scalable solutions based on the latest software engineering best practices
- Do you enjoy working with data scientists, data engineers and product owners to achieve a valuable data product
Does this job opening at this company appeal to you? We work closely with them and would like to discuss the profile further with you. We can introduce you directly to them and if you have any questions, we are happy to discuss it so you are well informed prior to your application.