Marktplaats in The Netherlands, and 2dehands and 2ememain in Belgium, are part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist with marketplaces in 16 regions. The three brands are hosted on a multi-tenant platform, operated from our Amsterdam location, and are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region. We run on both Android and iOS apps, and on the web.
We offer consumers the opportunity to trade their unwanted products and contribute to a greener, circular economy. We offer businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the biggest brands in Benelux - a platform to showcase their goods and services online to over 11 million monthly unique users.
Adevinta is recognised as a sustainability leader and is one of only six companies listed in the Media & Entertainment industry group on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Europe.
Inspiring our users with great recommendations. Using machine learning to optimise the search experience of buyers. Brainstorming about new ways we can improve Marktplaats with data models.
Does this sound exciting? As a data scientist, you will make models that improve the user experience on our platform. You are involved in all phases of creating data products, from understanding the business need and data exploration, to the productionalizing of the models that create an impact on the lives of so many people.
You will work in a multidisciplinary team with fellow data scientists and engineers, together you are responsible for building and improving these models that change our platform. You also drive a data-driven mentality by sharing your work to the company and brainstorming with teams on the endless possibilities of data.
- You find great opportunities to improve our platform with data products
- You build data products that impact millions of users, from data exploration through model selection and evaluation to implementation
- You work on interesting models, like recommendations or search ranking
- You work with stakeholders to define needs, report on progress and present findings
- You coach other team members
- The way of working in the team is elevated because of your contributions to our data capabilities
- You drive the data-driven mentality of the company by communicating and brainstorming about data and its possibilities
- You belong to a global data community
What you bring
- You are driven understand our data and users and build impactful data products
- You have knowledge of Machine Learning techniques, e.g. NLP, clustering and recommender systems
- You have experience with big data technologies, tools and languages, e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark and MLFlow
- You are very experienced in data science and python
- Storytelling with data and a strong business sense are a plus
- Preferably, you have a degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, or another quantitative field
What we offer
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and wasteless. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance including part-time work, and additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities and provide a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-beingare our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month