Tech Lead Data Science
Functie omschrijving Tech Lead Data Science
Tech Lead Data Science (Amsterdam)
Our client hosts 3 brands on a multi-tenant platform, operated from their Amsterdam location. They are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region - with over 11 million monthly unique users. The company runs on both Android, iOS apps, and on the web. For consumers, they offer people the opportunity to trade their surplus products - contributing to a greener, circular economy. For businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the largest brands in Benelux - they offer a platform to showcase their goods and services online to a large audience - a hugely important factor which has helped contribute towards the survival of many businesses as they adapt to new online strategies in these covid times, and in post-Covid paradigms of the future.
What will you do?
Inspiring their users with great recommendations. Using machine learning to optimise the search experience of buyers. Leading data scientists in improving the quality of their models and collaborating with data engineers to improve their MLOps maturity.
As a tech lead data science, you are in the lead of the code base and quality of their exciting machine learning solutions. Together with the data scientists, you develop the data products that improve the user experience on their platform. Next to this, you maintain and develop best-practices in the data science team and collaborate with the data engineering team to improve our development speed and MLOps maturity.
You will work with one or multiple multidisciplinary teams with data scientists, data- and backend engineers. Together you are responsible for building and improving these models that have impact on millions of users. As tech lead data science, you take a leading role within and across teams to ensure high quality solutions.
- You build machine learning models that impact millions of users, from data exploration through model selection and evaluation to implementation;
- You work on interesting products, like recommendations or search ranking;
- You take the lead in designing new products and ensuring high standards for our machine learning solutions and code;
- You maintain and develop best practices in the data science team;
- You align with the data engineering team and central data teams;
- The way of working in the team is elevated because of your contributions to our data capabilities;
- You partner with the data science and product managers to prioritise and evaluate roadmaps;
- You coach other team members;
- You are part of a global data community.
What will you get?
The company offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs, depending on your personal situation.
- An attractive base salary with a maximum of 80.000 euro per year;
- A yearly cash bonus scheme of 15%;
- Company shares;
- A monthly coverage in medical contribution;
- A health company courtesy;
- Parenting support;
- Life and disability insurance;
- Interesting retirement scheme;
- A lot of possibilities to grow and develop yourself.
Who are you?
- You have a strong drive to create quality machine learning products
- You have experience with Machine Learning, and have knowledge of e.g. NLP, clustering, recommender systems and/or ranking algorithms
- You have 4+ years of experience in python and extensive experience in bringing models to production and improving them
- You have experience in leading the development of ML products, ensuring coding standards and best practices and improving the quality and speed of data science work
- You have experience with big data technologies, tools and languages, e.g. Spark, MLFlow, Airflow
- You have great communication and collaboration skills
- Preferably, you have a degree in computer science or related field